Wow! We have made it through half an academic year already! Can you believe your child is half way to the next year….? Receptions are gearing up for Year 1… At the other end of the school, our two young gentlemen in Year 6 are gearing up for High School!
Thank you for all your hard parenting work since September, and long may it continue into the rest of the year as the Curriculum is going to get busier through spring and summer…
I have been having a read of The Express recently, and found a very interesting article with some snippets that I thought I must share with you! Words of wisdom can be fantastic, but as we all know, we know our children best and know what works or doesn’t work with them – so please take these tips with a pinch of salt – they may be helpful, and you may already know them, or it may be new to you… Enjoy!
Top tips for you and your child to help make it into next year with success:
- Inspire your child to do well
- Read and help with homework
- Sleep plenty
- Remember – it’s not a competition – compete only with yourself – be your best YOU
- Balance school and before/after school time
- Protect family time
- Find out about their day
- Never say you are useless at something (children pick up on this and use these phrases!)
- Turn off the telly!
- Act quickly if things go wrong.